Nine of us from South Florida spent 10 amazing days in early June in Denver, Frisco, Vail, Breckenridge, Glenwood Springs, Moab, Zion, Park City and Salt Lake...and it was a summer to remember!
When Doug and I first started brainstorming the Running Camp on the Run concept...I never thought it would become what it has! Our first trip, which was only opened to Spanish River High School athletes as a "test" was all-around awesome.
Here is a brief recap:
- Denver, Frisco, Vail & Breckenridge, CO: Running Camp with former Olympic Track Coach; Hiking; Touring; Snowshoeing; Disc Golf.
- Glenwood Springs, CO: White Water Rafting; Kayaking.
- Moab & St. George, UT: Arches National Park; Zion National Park; The Narrows; Hiking.
- Park City, UT: Utah Olympic Park; Frisbee; Alpine Slide & Coaster.
Roses & Thorns:
Doug, me and the kids recapped each day during the trip with the "Roses & Thorns" game, which requires you to share your favorite and worse part of the day. Following are some of the attendees' favorite memories from the trip:
- Snowshoeing on the Loveland Pass in the middle of summer!
- Kids and coaches falling in freezing cold water while kayaking!
- Climbing the arches in Zion and Arches National Park!
- Taking pictures in front of snowcapped mountains!
- Hiking, hiking and more hiking!
- Delicious breakfasts in the townhouse made by coaches!
Check out the smiles and experiences on our Run Republic Facebook page here.